Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hell Hath No Fury

like I had after I got back from the Kilbourn Park Garden Sale that only happens once a year and sells out in two hours with four heirloom tomoto plants with buds about to open, only to plant them and find not TWO HOURS later that my child had, working closely with the kids from next door, thrown toys out the window into the beds below and destroyed three of the four plants. Will they come back? Sure. But our season really isn't that long.

I was so happy about those plants, and so enraged to see them destroyed. Then I got depressed. And I haven't really gotten over it. It is a small thing, but in tough times all you have are the small things. I can handle big dissapointments as long as I get to keep my tomato plants.

Is that really so much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment